Saturday, January 16, 2010

Nearly a Month Old

Well, the babies are just about a month old, and have been home for a week. And as expected, we barely can find time to eat and sleep (let alone update a blog... sorry for that). But the babies are doing well, and we are working on their schedule so that we can try to get 2 hours to ourselves in between feedings (which is mostly wishful thinking).

They are starting to show more of thier personalities, and each one is very different. Daniel is by far the most laid back. We usually have to wake him up to feed him, and there are times when he even sleeps through a diaper change, which is the complete opposite of his brother. Braden is like clock work when it comes to his feeding schedule. Every time, just about five minutes before he is due for his bottle, he wakes up on his own and starts crying. He always lets us know its time to eat, just in case we forgot. Kayla is more middle of the road. She is a good sleeper, but likes to be held, and since she is so cute, that is often not a problem.

Here are some pictures from their first week home.


 
Kayla, Braden & Daniel just about a month old.


Funny picture of Daniel. He pulled his hat completely over his head.


 
All three together.


Daniel getting his first bath.


 
 
We have caught them a number of times touching and holding hands, both awake and asleep


And finally, Dad & Daniel trying to catch a nap.

5 comments:

  1. One yay for each baby: yay, yay, yay! Email or call me if you have any questions or need any help. New babies take some getting used to; but how sweet yours are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your babies are too cute and I'm so happy they're so healthy! My mom is a high school friend of Miriam Hess...so I'm not just some stranger reading your blog! I saw that they use Soothie pacifiers. My son Will would only use that brand. We found Wubbanubs (which are Soothies with a small "beanie baby-type" stuffed animal attached) were a life saver. If it drops on the floor, the stuffed animal part hits first, not the pacifier part. And it helped Will not suck so hard that it popped out of his mouth! It also makes pacifiers much harder to lose! As far as I know, you can only order them online. Here's the site that we used... http://www.clothdiaperoutlet.com/wubbanub.html. I promise, I don't earn anything from the Wubbanub company or the website...we just love them that much! If it's nothing you're interested in, no problem! Just thought I'd pass the info along.
    Best Wishes,
    K.C. Wiseman Beecham

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks KC (above) for the tip on soothie pacifiers! My son would also only use those and I wrote that website down for future kids! :)

    And Julie, I can definitely tell that Kayla looks like you! Your babies are so precious...and I am beyond impressed that you've found time to update the blog...thanks so much for that! We'll keep praying!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip on the pacifiers K.C.! And Laura, lest you think that I have been updating, the latest posts have all been from my hubby. If it were up to me, it would never get done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your babies are ADORABLE!!! I love the pictures of them all sleeping together and holding hands ... so sweet! I can only imagine how crazy your home is right now ... blessedly crazy! :) Thanks for the update and praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete