Friday, December 18, 2009

I can't believe it, 34 weeks!!


Hello all,
So sorry we have taken such a long break from the internet world. Especially at a critical time as we get closer to the big day. But we're finally online again and I wanted to update right away! First of all, we can't believe that as of today, I am 34 weeks pregnant! I never thought I would make it this long and at this point I am thankful for each day that the babies stay in. Of course, I am also EXTREMELY ready physically for their arrival. But the longer they're in, the better off they'll be, so I am praying to make it to December 30th. Not too far away now!

In other baby news, I had an appointment yesterday and all 3 are continuing to grow. At this point, I get checked every week and have an ultrasound. It is very difficult at this point to see in the ultrasounds. The techs are always saying things like, "let's see, whose arm is that?" or "woops, here comes someone elses leg!" It is certainly getting very crowded in there. I'm measuring at 48 cm at this point, which is the equivalent of 48 weeks pregnant so I'm definitely feeling huge at this point! I don't do too much these days. One outing a day is basically all I can take so I'm so thankful for my mom who is here to help take care of me. It is so helpful to have her doing all the laundry and fixing meals...hmmm...I could get used to this!

All three babies are measuring really well right now. Here are the latest stats:

Baby A (girl): 4 lbs, 0 oz

Baby B (boy): 4 lbs, 5 oz

Baby C (boy): 4 lbs, 5 0z

I'm absolutely thrilled that they are over 4 lbs. That has been my goal all along so I feel so blessed that they are doing as well as they are! At this rate, they could be close to 5 by the time I deliver. Wow, that's a lot of weight to carry around too!

In house news, we are loving our new place. It has taken a lot of self discipline to not stress too much about getting everything the way I want it. There are simply too many other things to think about right now so I'm putting all other house projects on hold for now. We did however paint the nursery and get the cribs all set up. We're almost done with it so I'll be sure to take a picture and post it when we're all set!

I also just want to thank all of you who are faithfully praying for us and have been so encouraging in sharing in this exciting time. I can't believe that we're in the homestretch. God is so good and I am amazed at His faithfulness to us during this journey! We'll certainly be updating more now so stay tuned!!!

-P.S. We will reveal names after babies are born. That is the one surprise we're leaving for the very end! :)

5 comments:

  1. You are HUGE! Wow! I'm home I'm home! Can I see you!!!! :) And your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so beautiful! Proud of you for making it so far--and great weights for the babies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! You look GREAT Julie. I can't imagine how uncomfortable you must be, how tired you must get, or how challenging sleeping must be-- carrying one is hard enough! We'll be looking forward to more pics and updates. Glad you're back online.
    :) A

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY, Julie!!! You look so gorgeous. I'm so happy that your babies are already 4 lbs!!! Praise God, Praise God!!!

    ReplyDelete